Website Privacy statement
Your privacy is important.
How we process your personal information is explained in this policy.
By visiting and remaining on our website you agree to our terms and conditions. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, please leave our website.
- Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Arushiom Foundation for a variety of reasons, including:
- to receive information about, or to participate in, Arushiom Foundation or other initiatives undertaken by the Arushiom Foundation
- to receive information about or become involved in Arushiom Foundation activities
- to purchase Arushiom Foundation products or merchandise
- to donate to Arushiom Foundation for its initiatives that you wish to support
- to attend a Arushiom Foundation holistic sessions and retreats.
This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, age, date of birth, address, postcode, mobile number, e-mail address, health & dietary information, personal practices, beliefs and other biographical information. If you make a donation to Arushiom Foundation, you may provide Arushiom Foundation with credit card details and other information which will allow Arushiom Foundation to process the transaction. Note that Arushiom Foundation does not store credit card information. The choice of how much information you provide to Arushiom Foundation is yours and of course if you want to make a donation, or otherwise participate in Arushiom Foundation programs and events, Arushiom Foundation will require certain information from you in order to provide the services or conduct the programs and events.
- How does Arushiom Foundation use your Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Arushiom Foundation through our Website may be used by Arushiom Foundation for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information or other communications about Arushiom Foundation
- to promote Arushiom Foundation and/or its activities and events
- to keep you informed in all the initiatives undertaken by Arushiom Foundation
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Arushiom Foundation community
If you choose to provide your personal details to Arushiom Foundation you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines. This is applicable with regards to testimonials (audio, video and written) which gets published on Arushiom Foundation websites and shared via social media. We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- How visible is my information?
Your information will not be made available without prior consent of yours. In instances where you feel your information has been made available without your consent, you may correct the same by contacting email@example.com In specific instances (e.g.) written testimonials, your information will be made available for search engines to pick up and display your article which is published with your written consent.
- Communication preferences:
Where you have agreed to receive Arushiom Foundation emails, Arushiom Foundation may use your personal information to send you emails (including promotion emails) about the Arushiom Foundation events, associated activities and the events. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Arushiom Foundation. In addition, you can change your email or be taken off the mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Arushiom Foundation will not be shared with any other organisation, event organisers or other third parties, except with volunteers and authorised vendors or suppliers who sign up “Non-Disclosure Agreement” only if the work demands we share the information which will be limited to the work they are contracted to execute. We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers or other external third parties for analytics, website maintenance, for outsourcing some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by Arushiom Foundation, for storage and otherwise to offer and/or enhance our Services. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect Arushiom Foundation to disclose it to a third-party for a specific purpose. We may also disclose your personal information to our event organisers managing Arushiom Foundation hosted events, holistic sessions and retreats around the world. The information shall be shared only to an extent that is required to fulfil their contractual obligation for the specific purpose.
- Transfer of Personal Information:
- Security & storage of your information:
Arushiom Foundation takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information may be stored and maintained in a secure cloud-based environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, as no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. Our systems are not invulnerable to Zero Day attacks. (A Zero Day attack means the first type of attack of its kind.) So, we cannot guarantee that any personal information you communicate to us will be secure. However, we take all precautions reasonably available to protect your personal information.
Among the many things we do to secure your personal information we use the following essential protocols:
- All our computers are updated regularly;
- We employ firewalls and up-to-date anti-virus protection; and
- Our staff do not open links and documents from unsolicited emails.
So, if you are making contact with us for the first time, please do not send us PDF documents or open links in your emails.
If we suffer a breach of your personal information, we will immediately inform the Information Regulator of the breach. We will also let you know the nature and extent of that breach unless the Information Regulator requires us to wait for the completion of investigations into the breach.
And, of course, to the best of our ability, we will close the attack vector immediately.
- Retention, Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as you allow us to keep your information or the law requires us to keep your information. If you request us to delete your personal information from our data base, we will do so immediately. However, if you do not request us to delete your personal information, we will keep your information for three years after your last contact with the Foundation or as stipulated below. We base the three-year limit on Acts of Parliament in South Africa: Prescription Act 68 of 1969 which has a three year prescription for debts.
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Arushiom Foundation. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Arushiom Foundation is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Arushiom Foundation will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to the Arushiom Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to the Arushiom Information Officer at email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the way in which we address your questions and complaints, you also have the right to refer a complaint to the Information Regulator at:
4th Floor, JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links to other websites:
Arushiom Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Website, or for the privacy practices of any third-party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers, including, but not limited to, Facebook Fundraisers and Facebook donation functionality, which may require you to provide additional personal information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the advert or internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
The Information Officer of the Arushiom Foundation is Mr Louis Brassard.
E-mail address: email@example.com